Monday, December 2, 2013

Rockin’ Hevi Metal & Blinded by Blindside


This past week I used Hevi Metal and Blindside 3” number 2 shells; I used Hevi Metal first and was eager to see what they could do since I couldn’t find many reviews on the product.  Needless to say I was pumped to find out how well they performed!  I did not have a single cripple and they had great knock down power; no one likes to chase after a crippled duck and risk losing them or having them hobble off injured.  I got excellent patterns out of my Browning A5 in a modified choke and the only complaint I have (now had) was the price; after using the product, it is well worth the price for the high quality they produce.

When it came to using Blindside, I was pretty excited to try it out; I had read great reviews on them in numerous places so my A5 was itching to shoot some birds out of the sky with these shells.  It would be an understatement to say that I was disappointed with the outcome.  I don’t claim to be the best shot in the world, but I would find myself looking at feathers flying off of ducks and then watch the ducks keep on flying by saying “So long, Sucker!”  I don’t have all the time in the world to hunt so if I shoot something, I want to know that the shells I have will drop the birds… When it comes to choosing shells, I’ll stick with Hevi Metal.

Prices for Hevi Metal run around $27.00 a box, and $21.00 for Blindside; 6 more dollars for no cripples and sure kills?  Yes please.  Over all I give Hevi Metal 5 stars all the way across the board and Blindside gets a rating of 3 stars.  Next week I will be reviewing Dakota decoys, I should be getting my GoPro in the mail this week so fingers crossed for a video along with the post J 
Thanks for reading and please don’t hesitate to ask questions or give suggestions for more things to review!


 
Be sure to check out Hevi Shot on their website or on Facebook:

No comments:

Post a Comment